Bugle #55: Overlooked Essentials of Employee Wellbeing
Happy Friday! Hey, did you read last Bugle about how we just launched automated reminders? Blissbook can bug everyone who won’t sign their handbook so you don’t have to!
Anyhoo, the Bugle is here with the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last couple of weeks. There was a lot of activity at the state level over the last couple of weeks, so make sure you check that section out to see if anything pertains to you. Enjoy!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: We love this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) because of its great advice on providing more autonomy and social support in the workplace. We need more of this!
Show Employees You Care
- Leading from Joy vs. Leading from Fear
- ✦ The overlooked essentials of employee well-being ✦
- Is It Really Lonely at the Top?
Protect Your Company
- What’s the Story with Employee Election aka Voting Leave?
- Is it retaliation to fire an HR employee for encouraging a co-worker to file an EEOC charge? Well…
- Customer Costs Costco $250,000 in Hostile Work Environment Suit
Location-Specific Company Protection
- California: New Laws Change Sexual Harassment Landscape
- New Jersey: FAQs About the new Paid Sick Leave Law, Part III
- Pennsylvania: Human Rights Commission to treat LGBT bias as “sex” discrimination
- Illinois: Employers Should Review Expense Reimbursement Policies