Bugle #62: Pick Up the Phone
Happy Thesaurus Day! There’s a day for everything, isn’t there? It’s starting to get a little excessive, extreme, inordinate, exorbitant, overdone, unwarranted…
Take a few minutes to browse some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last couple of weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This Bugle’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) allows for introspection and making amends. A little understanding goes a long way.
Show Employees You Care
- How to Debate Ideas Productively at Work
- There Is a Free Lunch, After All. It’s at the Office.
- Make Your Job Candidates Happier in 2019
- Strategies for Employees Impacted by Shutdown
Protect Your Company
- Privacy and Cybersecurity Issues to Watch in 2019
- Longest Government Shutdown In History Is Impacting Workplace Law
Location-Specific Company Protection
- State Law Round-Up: 2019 Minimum Wage Rates, Paid Sick Leave Developments and More (US)
- Massachusetts: New Requirements for Calculating Tipped Employees’ Wages
- Michigan: Bars State Employer Inquiries into Salary History
- NYC: Paid Vacation and the Right to Disconnect
Become a Better You
- 6 Ways to Improve Your Business Acumen
- ✦ Call Up The Co-Worker or Boss You Used to Hate and Tell Them You Understand…✦
- Change Management Lessons From Spilled Coffee on the Train