Bugle #67: Some Tips on Happiness
If you’re gullible, don’t forget what Monday is; it’s National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day! Everyone’s planning to do it, but nobody’s talking about it.
While you contemplate which slippers you’ll wear, take a break to read some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last couple of weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: What can we do to be happier? Though there’s no set recipe for happiness, it’s nice to know what’s working for others. Read this Bugle’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below, but not too hard) for some insight.
Show Employees You Care
- ✦ 5 Reasons Why Danish Workers are the Happiest in the World ✦
- Are You Doing Recruitment Halfway?
- Millennials are obsessed with branding. Use it to your advantage.
Protect Your Company
- An Employer’s Guide to March Madness
- OFCCP Lowers VEVRAA Hiring Benchmark for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Generous Employers Beware: FMLA Leave Cannot Be Delayed
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Kentucky: New Arbitration Law Enacted
- New Jersey: Prohibits Enforcement of Non-Disclosure Provisions in Settlement Agreements, Other Contracts
- Ohio: Cincinnati Adopts Salary History Ban
- Oklahoma: “Unity Bill” Clarifies Medical Marijuana Law
- Utah: Non-Compete Law Amended For Second Time In Two Years
- Westchester County: What Employers Can Do To Prepare For Earned Sick Leave Law
Become a Better You
- How Am I Really Doing?
- An Advanced Lesson in Networking
- How to Get Through an Extremely Busy Time at Work