Bugle #82: Small but mighty
Whoa-vember! How did we get here? If you’re in Daylight Saving Time, take comfort in knowing you’ll have an extra hour this weekend when we “fall back.” Hopefully that makes up for the last ten months that passed by at warp speed.
Celebrate the new month by reading some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: We’re often told not to sweat the small stuff, but sometimes a bit of perspiration is a good thing. When it comes to employee engagement, the small stuff can add up to big results (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- A page out of Blissbook: Tiring or Inspiring? Boost Onboarding with the Peak-End Rule
- ✦ Sweat The Small Stuff: Smart Strategies To Engage Employees ✦
- Workplace Language is Important
- Executive Rules of Etiquette for RIFs
Protect Your Company
- Election Day is Coming – What are Your Obligations as an Employer?
- Implicit Bias and Disparate Impact Claims: A Primer for Employers
- Beauty Contests Shine Light on Hairstyles, Stereotypes, and the Law
Location-Specific Company Protection
- California: Practical Impact of New Anti-Arbitration Statute, AB51
- Florida: Minimum Wage Increases January 1, 2020
- New Mexico (Bernalillo County): Amends Mandatory PTO Ordinance Before the Ink Dries
- New York (Westchester County): Publishes Paid Safe Leave Guidance
- Pennsylvania: Use of E-Verify in the Construction Industry
- UK: Equality Commission issues guidance on NDAs in discrimination cases
Become a Better You
- Start a New HR Job? How to Ensure Success in your First Month
- 5 Mindfulness Hacks to Feel Better Instantly
- Work as a Pathway to Human Flourishing – How Far Does It Go?
- The Leader as Coach