Bugle #100: Kintsugi
Happy 100th Bugle! There’s just something special about the number 100. It’s the sum of the first nine prime numbers (2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19 and 23). It’s the total number of United States Senators. It’s the amount of tiles in a game of Scrabble. It’s how many Bugles we’ve carefully crafted for your enjoyment…you’re welcome.
To celebrate this momentous occasion, look at these awesome HR, leadership and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Has social distancing driven you to a place of self-reflection? Rather than viewing your imperfections negatively, this Bugle’s Article ‒ er, Video ‒ of the Week might help you view them in a different light. Look for the ✦ below, you beautifully flawed specimen.
Show Employees They’re Valued
- ‘They’re So Incompetent!’ Think Again
- Employees Want to Work for Organizations They Are Proud Of
- Woke-washing and Whac-A-Mole: Why diversity seems to go nowhere
- How to Build a Company That (Actually) Values Integrity
Protect Your Company
- Happy 30th anniversary to the ADA
- Beware of Laws Protecting Political Affiliations and Opinions
- DOL Issues New Q&A on COVID-related FMLA Issues
Location-Specific Company Protection
- California: The COVID-19 Employer Playbook
- Massachusetts: Strengthened Travel Restrictions
- Nevada: Employers Beware ‒ Fraudulent Unemployment Claims on the Rise
- Pennsylvania: Hazard Pay for Frontline Workers
- Washington: Expanded Job Protection for High-Risk Employees
Become a Better You
- 7 Things to Include In Your Welcome Back To the Office Letter
- Don’t Let Working From Home Turn You Into a Desk Potato
- If You Think Contentment Will Make You Lazy and Unproductive