Bugle #11: Hockey Has Great Core Values
It’s Friday! The name Friday comes from the Old English Frīġedæġ, meaning the “day of Frige”, a result of an old convention associating the Old English goddess Frigg with the Roman goddess Venus, with whom the day is associated in many different cultures. Now that that’s out of the way, it’s time to check out the latest and greatest HR and policy management articles we found – just for you! Happy Easter and/or Passover!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This week’s highlighted piece (look for the ✦ below) is about hockey players. We love hockey here at Blissbook. The core values that make you successful in hockey will make you successful at life. Courage. Teamwork. Humility. Toughness. Resilience. Selflessness. Business leaders could take a lesson from the sport.
Where else do you see your business’s core values in action?
Show Employees You Care
- HR Must Be a Catalyst for Change: 4 Steps to Take Right Now
- Want a Great Onboarding Experience? Understand Your Audience
- ✦ A Scar is Born and Why You Can Find Core Values on a Hockey Rink ✦
Protect Your Company
- Google’s Pay Policy: Good? Or Too Good to be True?
- 2 bills in Congress that should be on every employer’s radar
State Specific Protection
- California: New Healthcare Workplace Safety Prevention Regulation Effective 4-1-17
- New York City: Employers Will Soon Be Restricted in Asking Applicants About Salary Histories