Bugle #27: On Confirmation Bias
Friday Friday Friday! Here’s hoping your weekend has no plans and you’re just going to relax and recover. While you look forward to that, why not read the week’s best HR, leadership and policy management articles we compiled just for you? Have a great weekend!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This past week’s coverage of the Google “manifesto” situation was exasperating. With reactions like those you’d expect from people only reading the headlines, it seemed as if everyone’s opinion was rife with confirmation bias. So this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) is about confirmation bias. Enjoy!
Show Employees You Care
- What One Company Learned from Forcing Employees to Use Their Vacation Time
- 8 Bad Mistakes That Make Good Employees Leave
- Google Spent Years Studying Effective Bosses – Now They Teach New Managers These 6 Things
- It’s 2017 and Mental Health is still an issue in the workplace
Protect Your Company
- You Can’t Triple Stamp a Double Stamp – Employer Rescinds a Termination but Can’t Dodge a Discrimination Claim
- Start Hoarding! Employer Loses Defense to EEOC Suit Because it Didn’t Preserve Records
- Sorry Temps, You Face Stricter Scrutiny When Seeking Time Off as Reasonable Accommodation
- Minnesota: Does Making Any Complaint About Work Now Turn An Employee Into A Possible Whistleblower?
- New York: New Paid Family Leave Law Regulations Coming Jan 1, 2018
- Massachusetts, Florida: The Latest on Medical Marijuana Being “Reasonable Accommodation”