Bugle #37: Getting Attention
Happy End of 2017! We can’t believe this year is over already. It’s been a marathon year for us at Blissbook. We spent most of it working on a new handbook editor, which was launched early this month to rave reviews. We’re looking forward to additions to this new foundation throughout 2018!
Are you ready for a new year’s celebration? Or will you be in bed at 9pm like we will be?
To close out the year, we compiled the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we’ve seen over the past 2 weeks. Enjoy and be safe out there!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) is your inspiration to be a better you and “just do it” next year. It’s ok to not be perfect – putting yourself out there is half the effort!
Show Employees You Care
- Emailing While You’re on Vacation Is a Quick Way to Ruin Company Culture
- Do You Manage Like a Gatekeeper or a Gardener?
Protect Your Company
- Flooded with sexual-harassment complaints, VICE publicly apologizes for its “detrimental ‘boy’s club’ culture”
- What Notable Employment Provisions are in the Tax Bill?
- Termination for Dishonesty Did Not Violate FMLA
Location Specific Company Protection
- California: WARN Act Is Broader Than the Federal Warn Act
- Maryland: Prince George’s County Enacts Paid “Safe” Time Law