Bugle #42: Are You Becoming a Bad Manager?
Happy Friday, Everyone! 🍀🏀🍀🏀🍀🏀 March madness! St. Patrick’s Day! Hopefully you have enough time to fit in the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles from the last 2 weeks.
Oh, hey, guess what? Last week we launched a new feature: Version History! You can use this to see a diff of changes that have happened to a section’s content since your handbook was first published. Now you can see who’s been messing with your policies. =)
Have a happy safe weekend!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) is a great summary of all the little things that can add up over time to turn you into a horrible manager. It’s easy to fall into bad habits when you’re asked to contribute AND manage. Hopefully this article will get you out of your rut (or email it anonymously to your manager!).
Show Employees You Care
- The 4 Inflection Points of Company Culture
- Employee Engagement Roadmap: It Is Not Too Late to Create Yours for 2018!
- Research: Do People Really Get Promoted to Their Level of Incompetence?
- Not a Whole “Lotto” Thought Went Into That Decision, United
Protect Your Company
- We Have Bedbugs! Help! What do we do?
- Should Employers Allow Concealed Weapon Permit Holders To Carry Guns At Work?
- Should Managers Be Armed in the Workplace?