Bugle #46: You’re Awesome (Yeah You!)
Friday Tuesday Colors Day to You! OK, that isn’t a real holiday, but we’re celebrating anyways with a new update that allows you to customize all the colors in your handbook (without having us do it for you):
We apologize for the delay in getting you the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we could find from the last couple of weeks. We think it was worth it!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: We chose this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) because you’re awesome. Yeah, you. Remember what you used to be like? As in, right out of college? Not quite as awesome I bet. You’ve come a long way! Keep it up!
Show Employees You Care
- The unintended consequences of a too-nice work culture
- Capuchin monkeys reject unequal pay
- Conversations That Kill Your Culture
Protect Your Company
- Recruiting Ideas to Help You Meet Your Diversity Goal Without Getting into Trouble
- What You Need To Know To “Accommodate” An Employee With A Disability
- Dear Littler: Do We Have to Pay Our Summer Interns?
Location-Specific Company Protection
- New York: Passes Anti-Sexual Harassment Measures – What All Employers Must Know
- California: Supreme Court Adopts Restrictive Independent Contractor Test – Are Your Contractors Now Employees?
- Austin, TX: Mandatory Paid Sick Leave Ordinance… The First of Many in the Lone Star State?