Bugle #47: Picture a Leader. Is She a Woman?
Did you know? Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day due to the practice of decorating the graves of fallen soldiers.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: We chose this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) because it’s topic is something so simple yet so profound! A little reminder that most of the time, we are just animals following our animal brains.
Show Employees You Care
- ✦ Picture a Leader. Is She a Woman? ✦
- Debiasing the corporation: An interview with Nobel laureate Richard Thaler
- The 8 best questions to put on your next one-on-one meeting agenda
Protect Your Company
- If you use a third-party to drug test job applicants, then stop what you’re doing and read this!
- What’s With This Fetish About Pants?
- Does “You’re Too Experienced” = Age Discrimination?
Location-Specific Company Protection
- San Francisco: Revisions to Paid Sick Leave Ordinance Rules
- Arizona: 2018 Legislative Session – What’s New for Arizona Employers?
- Connecticut: New Pay Equity Bill Prohibits Questions Regarding Prospective Employees’ Wage and Salary History
- Rhode Island: New Paid Sick and Safe Rules May Frustrate Employers
- Vermont: Enacts Salary History Inquiry Law