Bugle #52: Protect Lunches From Lunch-Thieves
Happy Tuesday! This is a special post-holiday break edition of the Bugle. We hope you had a great Labor Day. Big props to Labor Unions from the late 1800s for working to get us this holiday.
Now it’s time to put off the work you know you aren’t ready to start and read the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last two weeks. Enjoy and have a great week!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) has a bunch of great advice for a situation that wouldn’t happen if all employees had a smidgeon of empathy. We think that sums up HR pretty well. Hope you like it!
Show Employees You Care
- Workplace Perks: Wasteful Indulgence or Powerful Profit Driver?
- Employee Burnout, Part 2: What Managers Can Do
- An “Action Bias” Can Be Counterproductive
Protect Your Company
- ✦ Ask an Expert: How Do We Stop a Lunchroom Thief? ✦
- Back to School Edition: School-Related Parental Leave Laws
- Time to Update Those FMLA Forms!!!
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Massachusetts: Noncompete Reform Is Coming!
- Delaware: Adopts Law Expanding Sexual Harassment Protections and Requiring Employee Training
- Illinois: Expands Protections for Nursing Mothers in the Workplace
- Oklahoma: New Medical Marijuana Law and Your Workplace