Bugle #53: The Employee Burnout Special
Happy Tuesday! The Bugle is back with the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last two weeks. We dug through all the crap out there to find you the good stuff. =)
We’ve got some really cool product updates in the pipeline. Automated Reminders is the next big update coming – within the next few weeks!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) is getting the award because it’s the last article in a trilogy of Employee Burnout articles by Gallup. Think of it as the 3rd Lord of the Rings movie. We also have a couple other great reads on burnout at the bottom of this newsletter – make sure you check those out too!
Show Employees You Care
- Do Longer Maternity Leaves Hurt Women’s Careers?
- ✦ Employee Burnout, Part 3: How Organizations Can Stop Burnout ✦
- The 3 employee benefits that have the biggest impact on team morale at work
- The End of the Traditional Manager
Protect Your Company
- Extraordinary Employee Misconduct – Giving a Non-consensual Haircut!
- Navigating FMLA: May An Employee Be Entitled to Leave Beyond 12 Weeks?
- Can you require employees to come to work in a hurricane?
- Double Standards and Sex Stereotypes? Just ask Serena Williams
- Can Employers Require Workers to Give Notice Before They Quit?
Location-Specific Company Protection
- New Jersey: Law Expands Striking Workers’ Eligibility for Unemployment Benefits and Imposes Penalties for Hiring Permanent Replacements