Bugle #54: Blissbook Now Has Automatic Reminders
Happy October! We just had the second-hottest September on record here in Atlanta, so we’re hoping the calendar change will bring some shade.
That said, we’re staying hot at Blissbook, as we just launched automatic reminders! Now you can set up a cadence of reminders to be sent to all the slackers out there who won’t sign their handbook. Get in touch with us if you want to be one of the first to try it out.
As always, the Bugle is here with the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last couple of weeks. Enjoy!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: We love this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) because of the tenacity and experimentation. They kept trying things until they got it right! We hope you enjoy it and are inspired to do the same with your projects.
And a special shoutout to the “A Letter” article towards the end of the newsletter. Get some tissues ready!
Show Employees You Care
- ✦ How One Company Got Employees to Speak Up and Ask for Help ✦
- The Capitalist Origins of the Myers-Briggs Personality Test
- A Management Truism: The Very Best Lessons Usually Come From Very Bad Managers
Protect Your Company
- Just say no to these disability/pregnancy practices!
- On or Off? What to Do with Email When the Employee Is on FMLA Leave
- Who’s the boss? Limiting your liability for employee misconduct
Location-Specific Company Protection
- New York City: Law Requiring Employers to Engage in a “Cooperative Dialogue” for Accommodation Requests Takes Effect October 15, 2018
- New York City: State Appeals Court Expands Scope of Marital Status Discrimination Law
- Colorado: New Data Privacy Law Started September 1, 2018