Bugle #18: Does Diversity Training Encourage Bias?
It’s Friday – toot toot! The bugle is here with the week’s best HR, leadership and policy management articles. Enjoy!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: We chose this week’s highlight (look for the ✦ below) because it’s surprising at first glance, but then not so surprising once you read what makes the answer to the headline “yes”. Humans are weird.
Show Employees You Care
- Why GE, Boeing, Lowe’s, and Walmart Are Directly Buying Health Care for Employees
- 5 Questions that Reveal if a Company Has a Healthy Culture
- Increase Employee Engagement and Retention with Better One-on-One Meetings
- How Goals and KPIs Demotivate the Best Employees
Protect Your Company
- ✦ Is Your Company’s Diversity Training Making Employees More Biased? ✦
- High School Teacher Determined to not be Disabled After She Accepts Another Job
State Specific Protection
- Illinois: Cook County Publishes Final Rules for Sick Leave Ordinance
- Rhode Island: Employer’s Refusal to Hire Medical Marijuana User Violates State Law
- California: Asking Applicants for Salary History May Soon Be Banned
- New Jersey: Trying to Out-California California?