Bugle #21: Lessons from Terminations Gone Wacky
Happy Friday! You know what that means – the week’s best HR, leadership and policy management articles are here! Enjoy, have a great weekend, and for our American readers: Happy Independence Day. For those of you in the UK, sorry to throw that in your face. We still love you.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: We chose this week’s highlight (look for the ✦ below) because it’s a fun read and Friday is a great day for fun reads. Plus, there are also some great lessons to be learned!
Show Employees You Care
- Motivating Employees Is Not About Carrots or Sticks
- How Your CEO Should Lead When Something Isn’t Going Well
Protect Your Company
- That Moment When HR Discovers Their $2.7mm Typo
- ✦ 5 Wacky Termination Cases and Their Lessons ✦
- You’re Doing a Great Job… and You’re Fired
State Specific Protection
- Arizona, Arkansas, California, DC, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming, and more… July Is the New January: Beware of Employment Regulations About to Take Effect