Bugle #30: Your Fall HR Reading List
Happy Friday Newsletter Friends! Did you know the reason why we organize our lives around a 7-day week is, quite literally, above our heads? Like many other calendars, today’s Gregorian calendar is ultimately based on the phases of the Moon. It takes the Moon around 29.5 days to cycle through all of its phases.
Now that that fun fact is out of the way, we’ll let you continue to the week’s best HR, leadership and policy management articles. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) is inspired by the upcoming fall season. Just like the kids who are back in school, it’s learning season! Sharlyn Lauby, the HR Bartender, has some great recommendations for your fall reading list. Enjoy!
Show Employees You Care
- Does your dream job have to cost your personal life?
- Office Desk Sensors Can Cause Employee Anxiety
- The Battle Over Casual Work Dress: It’s Time to Declare Victory and Let It Go
Protect Your Company
- “Sign This or Get Fired” is Usually Not a Good Idea
- How to Be Ready When the EEOC Charges In
- Second-guessing the advice columns: Bad HR practices aren’t necessarily illegal
- Vendor Breaches and Their Implications for Employers