Bugle #39: Managers are Scared to Talk to Employees
Happy February Friday! January 2018 is gone forever. That sure happened fast. Hopefully your first month was productive!
We made a few upgrades to Blissbook. The table of contents is improved, we fixed a number of bugs, the subscription flow is smoother, and your rehires are handled more elegantly. We also put together the week’s best HR, leadership, and policy management articles for you. We hope you enjoy giving these a look!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) reminds us why underneath our Plucky company value we have “You initiate difficult conversations even when it’s a difficult topic.” Hopefully this article can help you help your employees be Plucky too!
Show Employees You Care
Protect Your Company
- Dealing with Sexual Harassment When Your Company Is Too Small to Have HR
- Investigating Claims of Harassment, Part 2: Interviewing the Complainant and Planning the Investigation
- Is telecommuting a reasonable accommodation?
- FMLA Leave: Tom Brady Plays Through the Pain – Why Can’t Your Employees?
- Fighting Back: FMLA Fraud and Abuse
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Massachusetts: Sick Pay Does Not Constitute Wages
- New York City: Key Portion of Fair Workweek Law Put On Pause
- Pennsylvania: The Weather Outside Is…