Bugle #48: Your Org Needs Hockey Values
Happy Friday! As summer weather kicks into gear here in Atlanta, we’ve got another hot list of links for you. Below you can check out the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles from the last two weeks. We hope you enjoy and find these links useful.
Have a wonderful weekend!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: We chose this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) because the Washington Capitals are Stanley Cup Champions and our co-founder Sam is a Caps super-fan. The article is another example of how the values that hockey players hold are great values for your employees to emulate.
Show Employees You Care
- Small, but effective: 6 overlooked actions to increase employee engagement
- Laziness Does Not Exist
- ✦ Why hockey players don’t say ‘I’ ✦
- Why Work Friendships Go Awry, and How to Prevent It
Protect Your Company
- #NeverAgain? How Schools Should Respond To Student Protests
- #MeToo Takeaways from the Case of Bikram Choudhury
- #MeThree: Recommendations for Employers to Avoid Liability for Third Party Harassment
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Washington: New Laws Place Additional Restrictions on Employers
- Iowa: Employers Will Be Permitted to Have a Lower Standard for Positive Alcohol Tests Starting July 1, 2018
- South Carolina: Passes New Pregnancy Accommodations Act, Effective September 2018
- Minnesota: Duluth Joins Twin Cities in Enacting Paid Sick and Safe Time Law