Bugle #50: MailChimp Recaps Radical Candor
Toot toot! Happy Friday people! And welcome to the 50th (!!!) edition of the Blissbook Bugle. We hope those of you in the US had a wonderful Independence Day full of hot dogs, fireworks, and friends. For those in the UK… sorry to rub it in, but hey, there’s always the World Cup!
Alright, let’s get back to the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last two weeks! Enjoy and have a sensational weekend!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) is about radical candor and is brought to you via MailChimp‘s blog. Radical candor is about being honest and direct with people, even when it’s a difficult conversation. It’s what happens when you care about someone enough to challenge them with real feedback. Just remember to be hard on content and soft on the person. Enjoy!
Show Employees You Care
- What You Can Learn From MLB’s Mental-Skills Coaches
- The 4 questions you should stop asking during your one-on-one meetings
- Want to Know What Emotional Intelligence Is All About? We Can Sum It up in a Single Sentence
- ✦ What We Learned About Radical Candor From Kim Scott ✦
- Three Science-Based Reasons Vacations Boost Productivity
Protect Your Company
- Miss Mannerly answers all of your summer dress code questions
- If your company receives a subpoena from the EEOC, whatever you do, don’t do this…
- Covering Summer Interns Under Your Employee Benefit Plans – You Can’t Just Forget About Them
- With the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Does Giztoob Get it Right?
- Supreme Court Rules Unions Cannot Require Financial Support From Non-Member Public-Sector Employees