Bugle #56: Making Hard Decisions (with Science!)
Happy Friday-before-Halloween! Have you picked out your costume yet? Or at least eaten some of the candy you bought for trick-or-treaters? Regardless, we hope you enjoy this edition of the BOOgle – er, Bugle.
Below you’ll find some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last couple of weeks. They’re largely un-scary.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: We love this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) because, with 35,000 decisions you’ll make today, we’re grateful you chose to open this email.
Show Employees You Care
- Your Team Is More Important Than Your Business Strategy. Here’s Why.
- Even janitors have noncompetes now. Nobody is safe.
- Help Your Team Do More Without Burning Out
Protect Your Company
- What Am I Doing Wrong?? Common FMLA Mistakes
- Federal Court Limits Scope of OSHA Inspection Authority
- 5 Steps HR Can Take to End Workplace Harassment
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Connecticut: Mandatory IRA Program for Private-Sector Employees in 2019
- Kentucky: Court Rejects Mandatory Employment Arbitration Agreement
Become a Better You
- ✦ Six science-backed techniques to help you make hard decisions ✦
- The Top 10 Management Skills You Need