Bugle #59: A Matter of Degrees
Happy first-Friday-in-Decembrrrrr! We hope you (and your coffee) are staying warm!
Help speed your Friday along by reading some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last couple of weeks. The more you read, the sooner it will be quittin’ time!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Don’t miss this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) because it’s a good reminder that it doesn’t take much extra effort to show you care.
Show Employees You Care
- How to Manage Morale When a Well-Liked Employee Leaves
- To Retain New Hires, Spend More Time Onboarding Them
- Leadership beats culture — How to make your meetings count
Protect Your Company
- 2019’s newest employment laws
- IRS Announces Filing Extension for 2018 Forms
- Layoffs (usually) don’t work and why they harm more than help
Location-Specific Company Protection
- California: What Employers Need to Know about Senate Bill 1300
- Illinois: Job Protection for Military Service Members
- Oregon: Expansive Equal Pay Act