Bugle #66: It can w8
Beware the Ides of March … or, um, Happy Friday! We hope you’ve had a productive week despite losing that darn hour of valuable time.
Stay on top of your game by taking a few minutes to peruse some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last couple of weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: In a world that’s conditioned to GO GO GO, it’s important to prioritize safety above all. Check out this Bugle’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) for a gentle reminder.
Show Employees You Care
- Putting Humanity into HR Compliance: Doing Performance Reviews Better
- To Support Mental Health, Let Employees Walk out the Door.
- 6 Surefire Strategies to Recognize Remote Employees
- Support for New Parents Can Keep Employees On Board
Protect Your Company
- USCIS Reinstates Premium Processing for All H-1B Petitions—Effective Immediately
- ✦ OSHA Says Your Workers Can’t Drive Distracted. ✦
- DOL Proposes New Overtime Rule, Increasing Required Salary Level for Exempt Employees
- OFCCP Launches Section 503 Focused Review Informational Webpage
Location-Specific Company Protection
- California: Start Planning Your Workplace Sexual Harassment Trainings Early
- New York: State DOL Scraps Plans to Implement Predictable Scheduling
- Pittsburgh: Required Pregnancy Accommodations for Employees and Partners
Become a Better You
- 9 Things You Can Do While You’re Waiting
- 5 Rules to Effectively Manage Your Email
- Being Inconsistent Can Cost You Your Credibility