Bugle #68: Calibrate Good Times
Have you done your taxes? Sorry if that’s a particularly sensitive subject right now.
Speaking of subjects, we’ve compiled some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found from the last couple of weeks. Enjoy!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Imagine reading a 20-page report about yourself. Did you shudder? Check out this Bugle’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) for the lowdown on self-assessment.
Show Employees You Care
- What Are You Telling Employees When You Send Them Late Night Emails?
- Worrying Is a Symptom of Employee Stress
- Benefit Mix Can Help Financially Stressed Generation X
Protect Your Company
- Received a No-Match Letter from SSA?
- Hey 2019, How Is Corporate America Doing With LGBT Policies?
- Making a Slam Dunk in Hiring and Promotion Decisions
- EEO-1 Pay Data Reporting Update
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Arizona: New Garnishment Legislation Signed Into Law
- Massachusetts: Proposed Legislation Would Create Private Right of Action for Improper Collection of Personal or Biometric Information
- New Jersey: Medical Marijuana Users May Not Be Discriminated Against
- New Mexico: Expanded Employment Protections for Medical Marijuana Users
- New York: Amended Election Law Allows Workers Up to Three Hours of PTO to Vote
- Still New York: Training To Prevent Sexual Harassment Is Mandatory – Now!
- Ohio: Workers’ Compensation System Does Its Part to Mitigate the Opioid Epidemic’s Impact on the State’s Workforce
Become a Better You
- ✦ Managing Yourself: How to Calibrate Your Own Strengths and Weaknesses ✦
- 3 Steps I Took to Reinvent Myself When I Felt Stuck and Unfulfilled
- Try This Easy Happiness Hack in Your Next Meeting