Bugle #71: An Automation Situation
Happy Macaroon Day to those who celebrate! If it exists, there’s a holiday for it. That’s just the way the cookie crumbles. If you’re not a macaroon mogul, then happy payday, perhaps?
Take a break from Fridaying to read some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Technology makes our lives easier, right? This week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) reminds us that automation isn’t necessarily the most fool-proof solution.
Show Employees You Care
- Using Movement to Improve Employee Well-being
- An Employer’s Help with Education Expenses Can Turn a Candidate’s Head
- Fully Engaged: When Great Days at Work Feel Like Magic
Protect Your Company
- To Do or Not to Do: Internal Investigations
- Remote workers and the remote control
- ✦ Hiring Tech Has Potential, but Beware Automation Bias ✦
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Colorado: Revamped Wage Discrimination Law
- Connecticut: $15 Minimum Wage Law
- Maine: First State to Mandate Paid Leave for Any Reason
- New York City: Ban on Pre-Employment Drug Testing Won’t Apply to (most) Healthcare Workers
- Tennessee: Anti-Bullying Law Expanded
Become a Better You
- Improving Your Workplace Communication
- Leading with Purpose
- An Exercise That May Help You Make a Big, Scary Life Change