Bugle #74: War of Words
Congratulations! You’ve made it to the third quarter of 2019. The year is halfway over – or is it halfway started? *deep in thought*
Expand your knowledge by taking a look at some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Let’s talk. Awkward conversations are, well, awkward – yet they can inspire progress. Find out why those uncomfortable moments are worth it (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- How to Give Your Team the Right Amount of Autonomy
- Urgent Tips for Companies Dealing With a Toxic Boss
- How Can We Fix the Exit Interview Process?
Protect Your Company
- Gender Identity Complexity: From the Olympics to the Workplace
- Is Diversity Training a PR Stunt?
- Why Data-Sharing Remains a Challenge in HR
Location-Specific Company Protection
- California: Bans Natural Hairstyle Discrimination
- Illinois: Informed Consent Required for “Interview Bots”
- Maryland: Noncompetes Banned for Low-Wage Workers
- Oregon: New Law Affecting Public Employers
Become a Better You
- ✦ Confrontation Can Be Hard, But It’s Worth It ✦
- 6 Unconventional Skills to Develop for Future Professional Success
- From Comfort Zone to Courage Zone