Bugle #76: A pressing question for employers
Click it or ticket – and we’re not talking about seatbelts! Blissbook has produced some original content, and we’ve unabashedly put it at the top of the Bugle list. There’s no shame in our game, but we have *just* enough humility that it’s not the Article of the Week.
Browse below for some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Exempt or nonexempt? That is the question. If you can’t answer the question in this week’s featured article, you better get to thinking (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- A page out of Blissbook: Your Ticket to Employee Engagement
- Pettiness in the Workplace
- When the boss sucks, everyone knows it
Protect Your Company
- ✦ The wage and hour question you must be able to answer ✦
- OFCCP Releases New Compliance Assistance Guides
- What Employers Need to Know as Pay Equity Protections Widen
- Requests for Evidence and Visa Denials Continue to Climb in 2019
Location-Specific Company Protection
- California: AB 5 – How Significant Could One Bill Be? (Podcast)
- Massachusetts: Paid Family and Medical Leave Contributions
- New Jersey: Updated Wage Theft Law
- Puerto Rico: Leave for Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Harassment and Assault
Become a Better You
- Authentic > Impressive
- Leading on Empty: How Leaders Drive Their People To Burnout
- 3 Traits of a Strong Professional Relationship