Bugle #78: A Reciprocity Odyssey
Friday Fun Fact: Did you know that, 24 years ago today, Baltimore Oriole Cal Ripken, Jr. played in his 2,131st consecutive game, breaking a 56-year-old record? Yes, that means you’re 24 years older than you were then.
Like Cal’s 431 home runs, we hope we knock it out of the park with some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Remember how we included original content in a previous Bugle and said we were too humble to make it the Article of the Week? This time we’re not. The featured article reminds us that sometimes we’ve got to give before we get (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- ✦ A page out of Blissbook: Giving the Dream – Reciprocity in HR ✦
- 10 Reasons Why Constant Complaining is Toxic at Work
- Tough Bosses Make Poor Leaders
Protect Your Company
- Safety Considerations for Remote Workers
- FAQs for Hurricanes and Other Disasters
- NLRB Clarifies Rules for Social Media Policies
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Alabama: It’s official! Pay equity law in effect
- California: Sexual Harassment Training Requirements Delayed to 2021
- Illinois: New Law Requires Corporations to Report Board Diversity
- Illinois, Too: New Law in Response to #MeToo Movement
- New York: Expanded Workplace Protections for Domestic Violence Victims
Become a Better You
- Manage Better by Matching Leadership Style to Development Level
- How to Motivate Yourself When You Don’t Have a Deadline
- Learning Is Supposed to Feel Uncomfortable