Bugle #79: Sane in the Brain
Take a slice out of life! Apparently it’s National Pepperoni Pizza Day. With that, here’s a Dad Joke for you: What did the boss say to his pizza during their meeting? There’s mushroom for improvement.
After you finish laughing uncontrollably, take a few minutes to enjoy some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Who knew being happy could be so hard? Most of us are on a constant quest for happiness, and compassion just might be the guiding force that gets us there (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- A page out of Blissbook: The Psych of Like – Workplace Persuasion
- 5 Ear-Openers for Conflict Resolution
- How to Create Inclusive Employee Education Benefits
- Supporting an Employee with Social Anxiety
Protect Your Company
- FMLA: The DOL Doubles Down
- The EEO-1 reports that you just love to hate
- Accept the Unexpected: Crisis Management
Location-Specific Company Protection
- State Law Round-Up: Wage Theft Laws and Non-Compete Agreements
- AL, IL, NJ, NY, MO, OH: Salary History Bans Continue to Gain Momentum
- California: The ABC Test is Here to Stay
- Latin America: Five Recent Developments
- New York City: Human Rights Law Amended to Protect Freelancers and Independent Contractors
Become a Better You
- Should You Seek Passion or Duty at Work?
- ✦ 3 Ways to Keep Sane and Find Happiness at Work and Home ✦
- How To Develop Trust With Colleagues In Different Cultures