Bugle #84: Above the Line
Congrats! You’ve survived the first week of December.
Our last pop-psych article of 2019 focuses on priming or, in other words, subtle ways to encourage the response you want. Plant the seed, and watch it flourish.
We’ve compiled – just for you – some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: During an often-hectic time of year, it’s easy to get caught up in your own story. Are you usually above the line or below it? This week’s highlighted article explains what that means (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- A page out of Blissbook: It’s Prime Time – Nudge Before You Message
- How Remote Workers Can Make Work Friends
- The Power of the Micro-break
Protect Your Company
- Free Webinar, Dec. 12: Holiday HR
- 6 Signs Your Corporate Culture is a Liability
- E-Verify Records Purge
- FMLA to Care for Adult Child?
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Colorado: End-Of-The Year To-Do List For Employers
- Illinois: Amended Marijuana Law Gives Clarity and Relief
- Maryland: No Noncompetes for Low-Wage Employees
- New York: Bans Discrimination Based on Reproductive Health Decisions
- Texas (San Antonio): Nevermind on the Paid Sick Leave Ordinance
- Virginia: Addressing Worker Misclassification
Become a Better You
- ✦ How Important Is Compassion In The Workplace? ✦
- When Willpower Isn’t Enough
- The Simple Changes That Reduced My Phone-Induced Anxiety