Bugle #85: S-A-F-E-T-Y
Gone so soon? Or good riddance? As 2019 nears its end, you may be overcome with reflection — or relief. We’re feeling particularly contemplative after learning Dictionary.com’s Word of the Year. Whew.
Before you duck out of work at the earliest possible opportunity, browse some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Better safe than sorry, right? Check out this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) to be sure you’re in the OSHA loop.
Show Employees They’re Valued
- Managers Might Want to Empathize with Employees More
- Unlimited Vacation vs. Remote Work: Who Wins?
- The Best Way to Measure Employee Happiness
Protect Your Company
- ✦ Occupational Safety and Health Administration: 2019 in Review ✦
- Rethinking Training – Bystander Intervention and Diversity & Inclusion Sessions (Podcast)
- The DOL’s Final Rule: Employee Perks and Benefits
- H-1B Cap Registration: USCIS Says It’s On For 2020
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Colorado: Labor Agency Adopts Rules that Include Bar on Vacation Pay Forfeiture
- Mexico: Daily General Minimum Wage Will Increase in 2020
- Minnesota (Duluth): How to Prepare for Earned Sick and Safe Time Ordinance
- Washington: Prepare For Significant Salary Increase To Meet Overtime Exemptions
Become a Better You
- How to Motivate Your Team During Crunch Time
- 6 Steps Towards Mindful Leadership
- What’s Your 2020 Framework?