Bugle #86: 10 Questions
Happy Whatever-Day-It-Is! Just kidding. We know it’s Friday. How do we know? We looked at the calendar. It feels a bit more like a Tuesday, but we’ll take it.
In case you’ve already bombed your resolutions, it’s not too late to add “Read every Bugle in 2020.” And, with that, we present to you some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Still have at least a sliver of optimism on the third day of the year? Check out this Bugle’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below) to potentially unlock some secrets to your own workplace happiness.
Show Employees They’re Valued
- Busy People Seem Important, But How Do They Feel?
- Employee Retention: A Top Priority
- Real Mentorship Starts with Company Culture, Not Formal Programs
Protect Your Company
- NLRB Issues New Rules and Precedent-Changing Decisions
- Hidden Costs of an OSHA Citation
- Paid Leave May Be 2020’s Biggest Workplace News
- Protect Your Organization Against FMLA Abuse
Location-Specific Company Protection
- California: 2020’s 10 New Employment Laws
- Minnesota (Minneapolis): Are you in compliance with the new wage theft ordinance?
- New Jersey: Bans Discrimination Based on Hair Type, Style
- UK: Looking at the Year Ahead
Become a Better You
- Prepare & Study for Your SHRM-SCP and SHRM-CP Exam
- ✦ 10 Simple Questions to Be Happier at Work in 2020 ✦
- An attitude of gratitude is good for you