Bugle #88: A Quiet Mind
Happy last-day-in-January! On this day in 1930, Scotch tape was first marketed by 3M. At least that’s their story, and they’re sticking to it… Ahem.
Before you call it a week, take a few minutes to check out some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: You know that feeling when your brain simply won’t stop firing? This week’s highlighted article gives some tips for silencing the noise. Get a load of this monk-y business (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- The Essential B-Side of Psychological Safety
- 7 Recruiting Activities That Can Improve the Candidate Experience
- When Leaders Try to Mentor Those Who Don’t Want the Relationship
Protect Your Company
- Super Bowl = Super Headache For Employers
- Coronavirus Concerns in the Workplace
- Negotiating and Enforcing Anti-Disparagement Clauses
- Severe Flu Season Creates HR Challenges
Location-Specific Company Protection
- DC: Employers Must Notify Employees of Their Right to Paid Leave
- Maine: Legislature Takes Aim at NDAs
- New Jersey: Leave for Organ and Bone Marrow Donors
- New Jersey: New Laws Targeting Independent Contractor Misclassification
- Ontario, Canada: Precise Termination Clause Language Can Limit Liability
- UK: Equality Commission issues new sexual harassment guidance
Become a Better You
- ✦ Make Peace With Your Noisy Mind: 7 Tips From An Ex-Monk ✦
- Want to Change the World? Don’t Let Your Own Success Get in the Way.
- Thoughtful Management: What It Is and Why It’s Important