Bugle #89: Work = Love
Happy Statehood Day to Oregon and Arizona! Oregon was admitted to the United States in 1859 (the 33rd state), while Arizona was a late arrival in 1912 (the 48th state). Who knew February 14th was so significant?
After you’re done celebrating Oregon and Arizona, take some time to peruse several of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: No, we didn’t forget what day it is. For all you lovers (and haters) out there, what better day to revisit your workplace relationship policy? You’ll be smitten with this week’s highlighted article (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- How To Make Someone Feel Extraordinary By Saying Very Little
- Using Recognition to Retain Your Top Talent
- Employee Engagement: 3 Things We All Want from Work
- Fake It Until You Break It
Protect Your Company
- Focus on Compliance: Changes and Updates to the Form I-9
- ✦ How Anti-Fraternization Policies Can Ensure A Happy Valentine’s Day (And Other Days, Too) ✦
- Pronouns and Coworkers and Misgendering (Oh My!)
- Webinar, Feb. 26: Employee Benefit Hot Topics for 2020
- EEO-1 comp data collection is officially ovah!
Location-Specific Company Protection
- Illinois: Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Requirements
- Maryland: Latest State to “Ban the Box”
- Pennsylvania (Philly): Employers Can No Longer Inquire About Salary History
- UK: Brexit Is Here! What Employers Need to Know
Become a Better You
- Research: It Pays to Be Yourself
- Don’t Feel Bad About Feeling Bad
- What to Do When You’re Stressed, Distressed, or Overwhelmed