Bugle #93: Promoting Promotion
That’s bananas! Did you know that, on April 10, 1633, in London, a man by the name of Thomas Johnson first offered bananas for sale? “They hang with their heads down, but if you turn them up, they look like a boat. The husk is easily removed. The pulp is white, soft and tender and ate somewhat like a musk melon.” Thanks a bunch, Johnson!
Take some time to browse some of the most a-peel-ing HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Most gadgets come with instructions or guidelines that enable us to use them optimally. So, what if you could offer employees a manual for development within your organization? It might be a good task to start on while your schedule is out of sorts (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- Hopeful Family-Friendly Movies Should Make Us Think About a Post-COVID Workplace
- Build a Culture That Aligns with People’s Values
- ✦ Give Employees a Career Development Manual ✦
- Why the Loss of a Job or Work Environment Hurts So Bad
Protect Your Company
- COVID-19 Does Not Nullify Privacy Or Other Data Security Laws
- Updated Workplace Cleaning Guidelines from the CDC
- If you’re looking for COVID-19 OSHA Guidance, you’ve just hit the jackpot!
- Everything Employers Need to Know About Furloughs
Location-Specific Company Protection
- COVID-19 Resource Center (because there are so many articles)
- California: Employment Laws Still Apply When Teleworking
- Indiana: Revised Law on Employment of Minors
- Pennsylvania (Philadelphia): Fair Workweek Ordinance
Become a Better You
- It’s Probably Time You Doubled Down Professionally On You
- Rising Up to Embrace Our Humanity
- How to Work Remotely and Maintain Your Emotional Health