Bugle #97: What You Can Do
Welcome to Friday! Did you know The “Truman Show” was released 22 years ago today? You know what they say: time flies when you’re getting older. If you need an escape, consider watching it this weekend.
Before you call it quits for the day, take some time to read the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: You’re not alone if you find yourself feeling heartbroken and/or powerless. The Article of the Week includes some suggestions if you find yourself wondering what you can do to combat racism (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- Six resources employers can use to combat racism
- When Children and Work Collide: Childcare Challenges
- How to Keep Your Workplace Happy
- 2 Behaviors That Promote Mental Health Stigma at Work
Protect Your Company
- Can an Employee Take FMLA Leave During a Furlough?
- Non-Compete Agreements and COVID-19
- Businesses That Mandate Masks Need To Consider ADA Issues
- Selecting Employees for Recall or Rehire
Location-Specific Company Protection
- US: Bouncing Back – A List of Statewide Return to Work Protocols
- UK: What Employers Need to Know About Contact Tracing
- Illinois: Is Your Sexual Harassment Training Compliant?
- New Jersey: New Posting Concerning Worker Misclassification
Become a Better You
- ✦ If you find yourself asking “What can I do?”… ✦
- You Might Not Be Hearing Your Team’s Best Ideas
- When Words Fail, Listen to Others