The Bugle #14: Discover Your Blind Spots
Happy Cinco de Mayo! May the 5th be with you! Did we do that right? No? It doesn’t matter – it’s time to read the week’s best HR, policy management, and self-improvement articles! We put ’em together just for you.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: It’s self-improvement week here at Blissbook HQ. This week’s highlighted piece (look for the ✦ below) is about recognizing your blind spots. The key? Listening. Here’s to shutting our yappers!
Show Employees You Care
- The Key to Employee Engagement: Your Net Promoter Score
- Why Do So Many Managers Avoid Giving Praise?
- Gamification of work: is it good or bad?
- 5 Ways to Increase Productivity at Work
Protect Your Company
- The Most Important Document in an Employee’s Personnel File
- Fox News & Bill O’Reilly – Best Practices for Conducting Internal Workplace Investigations
- “Do You Kiss Your Mother With That Post?” Second Circuit Rules on Foul Facebook Post about Employer
State Specific Safety Stuff
- Oregon: Board Adopts Final Rules to Implement Retirement Savings Program
- West Virginia: Employers Soon to Enjoy Greater Flexibility in Drug Testing Employees
- State of the States: Legislative Proposals Are Taking Root