The Bugle #16: Is Your Employee Handbook Illegal?
Hi Friend, Happy Friday! It’s time for another installment of the week’s best HR and policy management resources – we hope you enjoy them! Have an incredible weekend… see you next time!
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: This week’s highlighted piece (look for the ✦ below) is describes a few ways in which the NLRB deems your Employee Handbook to be illegal. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to update it and push it out to employees instantly? Hmm, I wonder how you could do that…
Show Employees You Care
- Human Resources Isn’t About Humans
- The 9 questions that uncover the most surprising insights from employees
- How to Deliver Bad News with Compassion
- What Do Employees Want?
Protect Your Company
- 10-step plan for fair and balanced approach to preventing workplace harassment
- ✦ NLRB: Many of your employee handbook policies are probably unlawful (for now) ✦
- Five Things to Do ASAP If Your Company Receives a Charge of Discrimination
State Specific Company Protection
- California: Reminders Regarding Non-competition Agreements
- California: Supreme Court Says Seven Day Rule Applies to Work Week Not Calendar Week
- Puerto Rico: Employers Brace for New Right to Religious Freedom Accommodation Requests