Bugle #81: You down with EVP?
Happy National Chocolate Cupcake Day! We know you’ve been counting down to this special day. But, seriously, National Chocolate Cupcake Day is apparently a thing, and a number of bakeries are offering specials. This day only happens once a year, folks.
Before you go satisfy your sweet tooth, take a look at some of the best HR, leadership, and policy management articles we found over the past couple weeks.
✦ ✦ ✦
Article of the Week: Do your eyes gloss over when reading your company’s values? By identifying why your company really matters, you can increase liking and unity in the workplace – and, in turn, engagement. Make sure your message resonates with employees (look for the ✦ below).
Show Employees They’re Valued
- A page out of Blissbook: To Commit is Legit
- How to curb bullying at work
- ✦ Creating a Successful Employee Value Proposition ✦
- There Is More To A Job Than The Work
Protect Your Company
- Workplace Investigations (Webinar, Oct. 30)
- Accommodating Mental Health In The Workplace
- 4 Wage and Hour Problems as Daylight Saving Time Ends
- What Employers Can Learn From Major League
Location-Specific Company Protection
- California: Prohibits Most “No Rehire” Provisions in Settlement Agreements
- Connecticut: Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Pennsylvania: Moving Closer to Increased White Collar Exemption Salary Threshold
- South Carolina (Columbia): Limited Inquiries About Applicants’ Criminal and Salary Histories
- Texas (San Antonio): City Council Approves Changes to Paid Sick Leave Ordinance
Become a Better You
- How to Increase Your Mistake Tolerance
- Get Noticed by Your Boss’s Boss
- Your Inconsistency Is More Noticeable Than You Think